JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6638
Job Title: IM Officer-HSK
Application deadline: 21.03.2022
Duty Station: Hasaka
- University Degree in computer science specializing in data management / information management
- Intermediate level of English required
- from 1 – 3 years of experience working in Database management within international or local NGOs
- Experience in information management strategy, data structuring and data quality
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, qualitative analysis
- Data management experience
- Statistical analysis and data visualization experience
- Use of profession’s information systems
- IT fundamentals
- Office and collaborative tools
- Results and indicators monitoring
- Planning and coordination of qualitative and quantitative surveys, dissemination of findings
- Project evaluation
- Accountability to populations: participatory, non-discriminatory and responsible approaches
- Learning lessons from experience and continuous learning
- Project management (planning, monitoring and coordination).
- Personal security management
- Frameworks and references
- Stress management
- Working in a global organization
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract until 30th June 2022, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
and be willing and able to work in AL Hassakeh.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 989 USD/month + (allowances).
The IM Officer ensures the use of data management tools on the project(s) and/or in the geographical area(s) of intervention to which he/she is assigned, as defined in the data management system framework established by MEAL/IM Expert. He or she controls the quality of the different data transiting the system.
Line manager: Hub MEAL Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Mission 1: Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Contributes to the development of tools
- Participates in the development of data collection forms (paper or mobile data collection (MDC));
- Creates the corresponding databases;
- Carries out tests on the input and extraction of data.
Responsibility 2: Supervises (or carries out) data inputting
- Trains and supports the teams responsible for inputting data from paper forms into the database (in the case of paper data collection) or the field teams in charge of the day-to-day use of MDC tools when available;
- Ensures that the data in the database is up-to-date or regularly synchronized;
- Inputs data, if the organization requires.
Responsibility 3: Carries our data processing and cleaning
- Centralizes information and compiles the updated version of the database;
- Sets up and runs a regular series of tests to check the quality of the data and identify potential errors;
- Takes appropriate action to correct or neutralize identified errors;
- Develops mechanisms to automate quality testing as much as possible;
- Performs regular or on-demand data extractions;
- Puts simple calculations in place on the database to perform first level analyses or prepares more complex analyses.
Responsibility 4: Archives the databases
- During the course of the project, makes regular backups and archives the intermediate versions of the databases;
- At the end of the project, prepares and archives the final version of the databases and deletes the intermediary versions in the different storage spaces.
Responsibility 5: Identifies measures to improve data quality
- In conjunction with the project teams and the MEAL teams, proposes measures to improve data quality.
- Monitors and alerts if errors occur during a data collection exercise so that corrective action can be taken and future errors limited.
Mission 2: Emergency preparedness and response
- Contributes to the programmer’s emergency preparedness actions and, in an emergency, adapts his or her working methods to contribute to an effective humanitarian approach by our organization.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.