JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6643
Job Title: WASH Program Assistant
Application deadline: 20.03.2022
Duty Station: Hasaka
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Supply and Management/ Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge and use of AutoCad software.
- Basic knowledge of English language
- Minimum of 1 year experience in relevant program with a local or International NGO.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments
- Exposure to northeast Syria programming a plus
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant sector in civil engineering works (water networks, boreholes, water stations, sewage systems…etc)
- An ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in facilitating training sessions
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in humanitarian work
- An ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations
- Good computer program skills (esp. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good understanding of KAP Survey
- Work collaboratively with WASH team to define aims and objectives of WASH activities.
- Assist WASH Officer in planning and monitoring WASH projects in project areas to ensure work is being done in accordance to workplan and specifications
- Preparation and submission of Bill of Quantities for WASH projects including water networks/ water points/ sanitation systems and facilities ensuring sphere minimum standards and the water and sanitation needs of disabled, men, women, boys and girls are being met.
- Preparation and submission of Bill of Quantities of closed projects and provide regular updates on project preparation and implementation progress.
- Work in close coordination with WASH Officer to carry out regular assessments on all existing WASH facilities – latrines, water supply systems, sanitation and drainage systems, and others in the allocated areas to ensure sphere and international standards are being met.
- Assist in the preparation of and conduct training on maintenance and operation of water supply network facilities as well as sanitation facilities.
- Monitor water distribution through water trucking, construction and rehabilitation works to ensure expected quality.
- Provide daily and weekly updates of activities and prepare/submit monitoring reports to WASH Program Officer both verbally and written.
- Assist in organizing visits, meeting, events, trainings and workshop and participate as needed.
- Provide support to WASH Program Officer in the communication with field staff and program, program support and program quality staff.
- Participate in the development of training tools for contracted Temporary Workers and WASH Management Committees.
- Assist in reviewing and checking of project information, including field reports, documents, narrative reports and ensure program files, progress reports, project narratives are organized and properly maintained.
- Support WASH Program Office in liaising with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as health and shelter at WMCs level.
- Coordinate closely with WASH Management Committees in identifying maintenance needs for existing WASH infrastructure.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager.
- Assist WASH Program Officer with any tasks needed to conduct a pre and post rapid knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) survey and WASH assessments and Post Monitoring, FGDs.
- Participate in the development of monitoring tools for WASH activities.
- Participate in updating monitoring plans and tools.
- Assist WASH Program Officer in compiling need assessments data, organizing data files and pictures, tracking sheets and project documents.
- Collect and organize information on progress of all aspects of WASH infrastructure activities ensuring information is disaggregated by gender and age (men, women, boys and girls).
- Support the documentation related to WASH activities and distributions, including reviewing beneficiary lists, and post distribution monitoring reports, as needed.
- With guidelines of WASH Program Officer; coordinate closely with MEAL team on all data collection, data entry, and assist in the review of collected data.
- Prepare and submit reports as requested by WASH Program Officer.
- As part of an integrated team, under guidance from the WASH Program Officer, contribute towards monitoring of WASH program activities and achievements against indicators.
- In collaboration with the WASH team and MEAL team, monitor the impact of the program activities on the beneficiaries
- Fully participate in any learning reviews, ensuring that final recommendations are shared with the relevant team members and eventually incorporated into program activities
- Ensure inputs to situation reports are updated and submitted on time to WASH Program Officer
- Provide regular updates to WASH Program Officer and team on progress, priorities and constraints, both verbally and in written form.
- Represent to local partners, governmental and non-governmental groups as requested by WASH Program Officer.
- Coordinate with all teams to identify and implement integrated response when applicable.
The WASH Program Assistant to support the WASH Officer with all technical aspects of setting up and implementing wash and sanitation activities in the field. Under the guidance and supervision of the WASH Program Officer, the WASH Program Assistant will facilitate and ensure field implementation is completed in accordance to work plans, donor regulations, Sphere standards, within the contracted project period and incorporates a gender focus.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Contract period: till 31st May 2022 (with possibility to extend)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.