JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6658
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)Coordinator
Application deadline: 30.03.2022
Duty Station: Hasakeh (with frequent visits to Raqqa)
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic, and Kurdish
- Sufficient academic or professional qualifications related to social sciences, international humanitarian or development studies
- Experience of working in humanitarian projects
- Experience of conducting needs or risk assessments in order to design and implement appropriate interventions
- Experience of planning and implementing operations/activities
- Experience and knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods and analysis
- Experience in humanitarian operations coordination, cluster/sector operations, and major donor M&E requirements
- Experience in both in-person and remote monitoring
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a small team
- Ability to work productively in challenging environments
- Proposal, log-frames and report writing skills
- Training facilitation skills
- Experience in Humanitarian Mine Action is desired
The MEAL Coordinator will be line managed by Programme Development Manager.
- Design and implement a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system in MAG’s programme: monitoring progress against targets through log-frames, output tracking, quality control and assurance – in coordination with Programme Development Manager (PDM), Technical Operations Manager (TOM), Community Liaison Manager Team Leader (CLM-TL), and Information Management & Systems Coordinator (IMSC).
- Ensure that MAG and Implementing Partners’ Operations and project staff understand the various steps and tools for the MEAL system and it is used consistently across projects and operational bases.
- Build capacity of field level Supervisors and Team Leaders to conduct quality monitoring of programme activities, measured against MAG SOPs.
- Ensure, in collaboration with CLMTL and Partnerships Coordinator, monitoring of Implementing Partners on a regular basis for MAG standards/SOPs through data quality audits, reports reviews, and if possible – scheduled and spot check/verification visits.
- Provide technical support and lead as required in all other aspects of MEAL at field level, for example surveys, assessments, baselines.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a solid feedback, complaints and participation mechanism at community level ensuring transparent and accountable programming.
- Ensure that complaints are recorded in an official database, processed and that communities receive an appropriate and timely response.
- Ensure the inclusion of Humanitarian Mine Action cross-cutting issues in participation mechanisms.
- Lead the development and mainstreaming of MAG’s Safeguarding policy and principles in Operations/Activities as well as in the overall Programme.
- Lead the development of Data Protection mechanism and ensure the implementation according to MAG’s policy and principles.
- Support the process of incorporating recommendations from Programme and Operations teams and work on prioritized action plans in coordination with PDM, TOM, and CLM-TL.
- Support in quality reporting, analysis, maps, and other information produced by Programme and Operations teams.
- Propose logical adjustments to new and existing Operations/Activities to improve outputs and effects in coordination with PDM, TOM, and CLM-TL.
- Provide an overall analysis of the impacts of MAG’s projects in coordination with PDM and Operations teams.
- Ensure Operations/Activities compliance/contractual commitments with donor and MAG requirements.
- Produce high level MEAL analysis, reports/studies to further enhance the impacts and efficiency of MAG’s programme.
- Support the development and writing of concept notes and proposals by including log-frames, lessons learned, and cost-efficient approaches.
- Support coordination of needs assessments in coordination with external partners/agencies ensuring advocacy of assessment findings for Humanitarian Mine Action needs in country
- Contribute towards Strategic Action Plan and related budgets as directed by the PDM.
- Support the PDM as required in the planning and implementation of research, activities and events within the programme area.
- Assist in the process of national staff capacity building, identifying training needs and providing mentoring support where appropriate.
- Work in compliance with/ uphold MAG’s Safeguarding framework – Policy on Personal Conduct, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Policy on Modern Slavery
- Encourage an open and transparent way of working that facilitates a strong safeguarding culture within and between teams
- Ensure that all staff understand the provisions clearly and challenge any unacceptable behaviour
- Ensure that any concerns, reports or complaints are taken seriously and investigated promptly and thoroughly
- Work within the framework of MAG’s core values
- Represent MAG with integrity and professionalism
- Participate in meetings where relevant as directed by Management, and
- Apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.