JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6704
Job Title: WASH Monitor
Application deadline: 06.04.2022
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Higher education certificate (Bachelor degree in engineering, environmental related subjects)
- Experience with a local or International NGO is a plus
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments is a plus
- Previous experience in similar WASH projects
- An ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations
- Easy to handle, reliable, aware of the principle of confidentiality at work
- Ability to work independently whenever necessary
- Good computer program skills (esp. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Demonstrate good accountability practices
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in similar WASH projects
- Experience in Data collection tools and maps
- Monitor and support the participation, ownership and inclusiveness of community members in decision-making regarding water, sanitation, hygiene awareness and evaluation of activities related to the project.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of WASH activities to ensure all activities conducted per agreed BoQs and standards and reflecting the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. women, elderly people, children, and people with disabilities.
- Day to day activity progress and implementation and report to the Program Assistant.
- Ensure project site safety measures taken by implementing staff/ contractors.
- Encouraging continuous participation in the sector works and assisting the local community in addressing water and sanitation problems.
- Taking into account the diversity of society and the necessity of the principle of equality between men and women and the implementation of activities in a way that reflects the needs of groups and individuals such as women, elderly, children and the disabled.
- Conduct water quality tests (Turbidity -FRC-TDS-PH) or any similar tests to ensure the quality of water after interventions in terms of improving water quality in targeted areas
- Conduct a pre and post rapid knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) survey and WASH assessments and Post Monitoring, FGDs, baseline assessments.
- Participate in the development of monitoring tools for rehabilitation activities as required.
- Support in collecting and organizing information on progress of all aspects of rehabilitation activities ensuring information is disaggregated by gender and age (men, women, boys and girls).
- Support the documentation related to rehabilitation of WASH infrastructures activities and distributions
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports as requested by WASH Program Assistant verbally on written.
- In collaboration with the WASH team and MEAL team, monitor the impact of the program activities on the beneficiaries
- Fully participate in any learning reviews, ensuring that final recommendations are shared with the relevant team members and eventually incorporated into program activities
- Provide regular updates to WASH Program Assistant and team on progress, priorities and constraints, both verbally and in written form
- Represent to local partners, governmental and non-governmental groups as requested
- Coordinate with all teams to identify and implement integrated response when applicable.
The WASH Monitor will work under the direction and supervision of the WASH Program Assistant. S/he will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the WASH infrastructure/ facilities rehabilitation and maintenance activities in line with other CARE’s water and sanitation activities (WASH). S/he will need to regularly implement and communicate with hygiene promotion teams, Engineering team in order to ensure the effective, day-to-day implementation of WASH activities in selected project locations.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Contract period: till 30th April 2022 (with possibility to extend)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.