JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6705
Job Title: Project Manager-Health
Application deadline: 10.04.2022
Duty Station: Based in Amuda with possible relocation to Hassakeh city
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education and experience:
University Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Political Affairs and/or any other degree relevant to the position
Languages: Arabic, English (Fluent), Local languages is an asset.
Professional Competencies Required:
– At least 2 years of experience in a PM position or in a similar position.
– Preferable experience managing Health projects/programmers and experience in protection-related issues and partnership management.
– Previous experience with international or local NGOs is needed
Interpersonal skills and attitude:
Knowledge Know-how (practices) Interpersonal skills (attitudes)
- The different schools of
thought and explanatory • At least 2 years of experience in
his/her professional field • Working as part of a
models of disability
- The international human rights frameworks
- The strategies for fighting exclusion and discrimination
- The technical issues concerning his/her service sector
- Full knowledge of at least one profession in his/her sector • Planning, implementing and evaluating activities on his/her project (team and individual)
- Anticipating and adapting to the needs of the beneficiaries and to unexpected circumstances
- Conducting on-going evaluations of
activities and outcomes Negotiating and managing problems and conflicts Establishing clear frameworks, rules and limits
- Producing institutional
communication written in the country’s working language
- Producing clear, concise and
responsible communication suited to the interlocutor (adult or child); adapting communication and messages to an intercultural environment
- Using active listening techniques and
applying them in the appropriate situations
- Creating and maintaining conditions
that motivate the target public; mobilizing and supporting different groups of stakeholders (families, communities, local authorities, etc.)
- Promoting participation and
cooperation in the activities on his/her project • Respect for the opinion and enhancement of the skills of others with a view to shared action
- Giving and receiving
constructive feedback; discussing with multi- disciplinary teams, working as part of a network and collaborating
- Empathy; showing interest in
what each person is experiencing and feeling, putting oneself in the other person’s shoes, listening to his/her needs, being accepting rather than judgmental
- Resilience to stress and
- Pragmatism, capacity to adapt with agility
Mission 1: Management
- Manager as a role model: embody organization’s values on a daily basis, and be a role model.
- Manager as a coach for meaning: understand the strategy, make it explicit, translate it into operational objectives for his or her team, lead the necessary changes. Give meaning to each management action. Encourage inter and intra departmental exchanges of practice. Encourage innovation and risk-taking.
- Operational manager: organise the operational management of his or her team, structure the work around identified
processes, steer performance and facilitate the resolution of problems.
- First HR & Coach: contribute to the development of his or her staff, creating the conditions for their commitment, professionalism and attachment to the organization.
- Ensure compliance with the code of conduct and institutional policies, the mindset and expected individual and collective behaviour.
Mission 2: Strategy and steering
Contribute to the development of the programme’s operational strategy
- Contribute to programme or country operational strategy (Strat Op).
- Draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project.
- Contribute to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities, if necessary.
Mission 3: Operational implementation
Responsibility 1: Ensure the implementation of the project, in line with the logical framework and allocated budget
- Steer the project’s intervention strategy and put forward adjustments if the objectives change or if it is likely that they will not be met.
- Ensure that activities and the associated resources are planned, and implement the action plan.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget.
- Ensure project reporting, internally (within the programme) and externally (reporting to funding bodies, authorities and/or partners).
- Undertake expenditure and manage the project activity-specific budget lines according to the delegation he/she received based on the programme signature delegation table
- Prepare and manage partnerships with the project implementation partners.
- Guarantee the proper archiving of information.
Responsibility 2: Ensure that project implementation complies with the existing frameworks
- Ensure the proper implementation and follow-up of institutional policies (specifically PME, PSEAH and Age-Gender- Disability policies) and the other organization internal standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms of the project proposal and the rules applied by the project funding body/bodies
- Ensure compliance with global technical standards and norms by communicating and by involving the technical specialists and advisors with expertise in the project themes.
Responsibility 3: Ensure project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Ensure project monitoring, specifically activity progress indicators and the expected outcomes.
- Develop and implement the project evaluation plan.
- Ensure that the project is accountable to the local stakeholders.
- Ensure project learning, taking into account lessons learned from similar previous projects, following the recommendations made throughout the project (from evaluations, support missions, audits, etc.), and capitalizing on the acquired knowledge.
Responsibility 4: Ensure project data management
- Ensure that the appropriate data collection and management tools are in place on the project, in line with global standards.
- Ensure that data related to the project is collected and compiled in the project database.
- Carry out regular checks and makes any necessary corrections to the activity database.
Responsibility 5: Coordinate the teams involved in the project
- Facilitate coordination meetings between his/her direct team and the support services located in the area when necessary.
- Ensure that his/her team and the support teams (shared and technical services, in particular) work well together in order to facilitate the implementation of the project in the country.
- Facilitate the project steering committee.
Responsibility 6: Contribute to external project communication
- Contribute to the organization’s external influence by taking part in networks, when required.
- Communicate about the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant.
Mission 4: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Lead the emergency preparedness actions in his/her department and, in the event of an emergency, reorganize the priorities of his/her team according to the humanitarian priority, in order to ensure a quick and efficient response by the organization.
We are an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
We are a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
Based in Amuda with possible relocation to Hassakeh city
About the job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the project manager contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion in the country where s/he is based. S/he is responsible for implementing his/her project. S/he ensures optimal quality and the impact of the project implemented by means of a delegation system with appropriate oversight mechanisms. With all the other managers, the project manager shares responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organization.
Line manager: Operation Manager HSK
Subordinates: Health Project Officers, Translators, PSS TO, Rehab TO
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract until 31st July 2022, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Desirable starting date is 31st Apr 2021.
and be willing and able to work in AL Hassakeh.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 1577 USD/month + (allowances).
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.