JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6725
Job Title: Program Officer-MHPSS
Application deadline: 14.04.2022
Duty Station: Raqqa
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of MHPSS with children/youth and working in complex environments; knowledge of child protection, adolescent development and gender an advantage
- Education at Bachelor level in a relevant subject and/or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on MHPSS with vulnerable or marginalized children, individuals or communities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentations skills. Capacity to maintain relations with government officials, community leaders, other local stakeholders, children and youth.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in managing projects, including supervision of staff with strong focus on staff safety and staff care.
- Minimum 2 years of experience on delivering training-development opportunities for staff/ partners/ stakeholders.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Creative and takes initiative to strengthen quality and relevance of intervention; encourages and documents feedback and reflection
- Commitment to and understanding of relevant organization aims, values and principles including rights – based approaches and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources and with remote management
- Good understanding of the complexities of implementing international child protection policies and conventions in restricted areas of access.
- Very Good knowledge of Arabic and English. Knowing Kurdish is an advantage.
Implementation of Quality, Integrated and Safe Programming
- Support the Area Coordinator with the design and implementation of MHPSS activities for marginalized children, such as those who are living in restricted environments
- Support the MHPSS assistants in ensuring that the schedule of activities are followed and that all children who meet the criteria for access to the activities do attend.
- Support the MHPSS assistants to carry out safety assessments and ensure that all activities are suitable for the children to participate in during the session.
- Coordinate with the Area Coordinator on how integrate international protocols, SOPs and best practices to the working environment with the children and those working directly with the children.
- Identify capacity building needs for the team, other stakeholders involved in supervising the activities and being present in the place where activities will take place and monitor their work on the ground within the minimum standards and relevant quality benchmarks
- Conduct training on safe programming of MHPSS activities, relaxation techniques, positive self-esteem and communication skills and other materials for staff and stakeholders. This is to be done in coordination with the Area Coordinator and the CP Specialist.
- Regular monitoring visits to the activity sites to ensure that the standards for safe programming and MHPSS are being adhered to and relevant to the organization standardised tools are adopted and international standards.
- Support the Area Coordinator and other key staff on preparing for Kick-off meetings, BVA meetings.
- Prepare weekly/monthly activity reports as required
- Prepare procurements requests for setting up activities and re-stocking supplies, coordinate requests with the Raqqa Area Coordinator
- Facilitate site visits with key partners and stakeholder after alignment with Justice for Children/MHPSS guidance and approval before access is shared about the participants and activities.
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of MHPSS Assistants.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and performance review process.
- Support application of disciplinary measures if needed.
- Ensure staff care and confidentiality is in place in all aspects of the programming.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other relevant organization sectors and departments as necessary.
Represent relevant the organization in internal or external visits and calls where needed
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of MHPSS, CAAFAG, child protection and child safeguarding, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with relevant the organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’ as our commitment to inclusion and non-discrimination
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.