JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6726
Job Title: Translation and Interpretation Assistant and Language Teacher
Application deadline: 17.04.2022
Duty Station: Derek
- Formal University Degree in Linguistics with focal on English and Arabic
- At least 2 years’ experience in teaching languages to foreign nationals in formal setting. Such experience in International NGO would be a plus.
- Preferably two years of professional experience in translation and/or interpretation.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple urgent demands, and make timely and quality judgments and decisions to produce the highest quality work possible under time and resource constraints.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Excellent written and oral communication in Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Commitment to and understanding of the organization aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Translation and interpretation services to program, operations and other functions (40%)
- Translate documents between English, Kurdish and Arabic as necessary in a timely manner
- Do verbal interpretation whenever required.
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations for the work.
- Assist in the drafting of communications materials, including promotional material, situational reports, capability statements, and media pieces.
- Provide support to program staff as necessary in direct project implementation; availability beyond regular working hours.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide translation during training sessions, workshops and meetings as required.
- Work closely with the technical and support staff to develop and translate relevant materials for use in direct communication with children and the community in general, as well as local authorities.
Language skill development for International staff, National staff and incentive worker (60%)
- Work closely with HR Manger to design and implement Arabic Lesson curricula of the international staff following assessment of the learning needs.
- Carry out needs assessment on English language skills for national staff, design curricular for different level to suit the learning requirement and carry out periodic classes.
- Conduct field visits to camps and community to understand the prevailing language skills status of the incentive works and prepare broader category of IWs towards capacity building on basic English Language (reading, speaking, and writing).
- Prepare overall plan for the field level IW language capacity building and carry out the same.
- Ensure learning assessment is carried out, report prepared and shared with Translation Officer.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.