JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 6733
Job Title: EPIDEMIOLOGIST – LEVEL 8
Application deadline: 21.04.2022
Duty Station: Derik with frequent visits to the projects
- Medical doctor (preferable), nurse or biomedical background with a degree in epidemiology (not in public health
- At least few years of tropical medicine experience (having assumed coordination position is a plus)
- Experience in field epidemiology
- Use of epidemiology related analytical software such as Excel, Epi-info, STATA, SPSS; R/RStudio (preferred)
- Data systems and management
- Essential : Fluent in English, local languages
Assessing, implementing and maintaining the epidemiological surveillance systems/monitoring (if needed) according to the organization protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to appropriate evidence-based decision making using well managed health data in outbreak and emergency the organization programs
- Carrying out key epidemiological activities in outbreak investigation (description including time, place, people with emphasis on mapping when it is needed) and advising on the operational response
- Implementing and maintaining a surveillance system to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant outbreak-prone diseases. Guiding activities of medical staff for surveillance and/or active case finding, including ensuring understanding of the need for consistent case definitions and data recording (briefing of all new staff)
- Monitoring and Implementing initial Assessment (for emergency situation), rapid health assessments and (baseline or follow-up) surveys. Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot testing of tools to ensure the objectives will be met robustly with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Preparing and adapting routine documentation (survey forms, training materials, letters of request/notification, locally appropriate consent forms etc.) with support of HQ epidemiologist. Preparing an appropriate sampling frame and sample selection guidelines with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Planning and supervising the associated HR processes of the staff under his/her responsibility (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) and ensuring that staff exhibits required skills after training and pilot test
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high quality databases; analyzing results and preparing regular written reports on progress and findings for medical coordinator/HQ and when appropriate to external collaborators/networks (MoH, other NGOs, etc.)
- Providing training sessions to medical teams on relevant aspects of epidemiology to enhance team response capacity
The mission epidemiologist will work under the direct supervision of the medical coordinator and will support the epidemiological activities across the mission in the response to covid-19
The main responsibilities and focus for the mission epidemiologist will include:
- Advise on collection and reporting of Covid-19 and other medical data in the organization supported facilities to the projects, coordination and to headquarters.
- Create and analyze Covid-19 and other disease related indicators for the MMRs and Situation Reports.
- Participate in the organization -wide discussions regarding regional surveillance and modelling.
- Advise on implementation and functioning of systems for data collection and analysis throughout the mission such as the organization standardized tools, DHIS2, and project-specific tools.
- Support any Covid-19 or NCD qualitative research throughout the project.
- Plan, organize, train and implement possible sample / household surveys
- Provide ongoing surveillance for the Eprep outbreak scenarios and additional support as needed.
- Implement and provide training on new surveillance systems or tools in various settings.
- Collaborate with the Humanitarian Affairs and Advocacy Manager as needed to support advocacy efforts.
- Support all medical team leaders with ad hoc analysis or research needs.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
: IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW, OTHERWISE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED:
· Applicants must send their CV in English only, cover letter and Education Certificates to the email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) no later than: 05:00 PM 21/4/2022
· Applications must clearly state “EPIDEMIOLOGIST” in the subject line of the email.
· Applicants must clearly state their experiences in Month/Year basis in their CVs.
· Please send the application once only.
- Incomplete applications will not be consider. (no job title indicated, applications submitted by paper, no motivation letter and/or CV)
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.