JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 7038
Job Title: Civil Society Project Manager (Temporary Contract)
Application deadline: 05.07.2022
Duty Station: Between Amuda and Raqqa offices
- Relevant university degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Good understanding of ICT systems and experience with MS Office applications, including Excel.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in development programming including 3 years project management experience, in one or more of the following sectors: GBV, Protection, Social Political/Social Cohesion, Participation, Peace Building, and Access to Information,
- Strong managerial and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and build competence of staff and achieve results through others, especially in local partnership.
- Good communication, organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Experience as a successful project manager in an international context working with local partners.
- Experience of long distance (remote) management tools and working with local NGO partners, including capacity building and organizational support to partners.
- Strong knowledge of cultural and political contexts in Syria.
- Strong technical and coordination skills, with the ability to lead, inspire and build competence of implementing partner staff and achieve results through others.
- Self-driven with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently
- Strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- The Civil Society Project Manager is to abide by the policies and personal code of conduct by the Norwegian People’s Aid and represent the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks including vetting and due diligence.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (PM), the position holder will be responsible to support the development, management, and monitoring of the peace building and civil society programme with a strong emphasis on women’s participation and empowerment, in line with NPA’s overall strategies, plans, and policies and coordination with the management team. The position will also support livelihoods and other project initiatives in NES.
- In coordination with the PM, ensure coordination with all relevant stakeholders, local authorities, and other organizations engaged in the development initiatives and working groups in NES.
- Assist the PM and other NPA units in partner identification and verification.
- Maintain active coordination and cooperation with local partners, I/NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Closely follow up on the status of women and participation in the project and keep the PM and the management team updated accordingly.
- Interact with local communities and authorities and may, should the occasion arise, have to act variously as an advocate, moderator, and mentor. These functions require, on the part of the position holder, an ability to relate to the needs and aspirations of the underprivileged in a manner that is both supportive and respectful of culture and traditions.
- Under the guidance of the CD and in cooperation with the PM, ensure adequate risk management in NPA project activities, including streamlining the integration of risk and security management perspectives in all strategic and programmatic processes.
- Act as a liaison between the programme team in the field, partners, and the management team.
- Support the oversight of the implementation of the project activities in accordance with plans and activity budget.
- Support the development and monitor work plans, budgets, and progress reports that NPA donors require; also, all reports are required from partner organizations.
- Monitor project expenditures and develop monthly expenditure projections with the PM and finance.
- Monitor grant agreements and sub-agreements with partners.
- Work with the PM to monitor and revise budgets as needed.
- In liaison with the M&E unit, prepare and regularly update the Project Monitoring Plan (PMP).
- Participate in grant opening meetings, conduct required preparation for the meeting, and strictly follow up on the decisions made in the meeting.
- Support the partner organizations in the process of proposal writing, budgets, logical framework development, and implementation plans. Review and provide input regarding partner contracts and budgets (originals and amendments).
- Organise project kick-off meeting and steering committee meetings on a quarterly basis, providing materials to partners and organising the agenda in liaison with PM.
- Support management of the contracts with partners, ensuring timeliness and quality reporting of both financial and narrative reports, in cooperation with the other NPA units. Follow up on partners budget spending and organise payment requests for instalments.
- Conduct regular visits and keep communication with partners on a daily basis to follow up project activity implementation and provide coaching and mentoring when required.
- Conduct assessment meetings with potential local partners, for soliciting their proposals and concept notes to NPA.
- Assist the NPA team in the process of partners’ capacity building assessment, development of capacity building plans and tools and help partners in designing their organisational development plan.
- Assist team members and partners in both financial and narrative proposal and reporting to ensure good quality, timeliness, accuracy, achieve donor demands and improve project implementation.
- Act as focal point for communication between partners and NPA units.
- Assist with preparing project proposals, reports and information material.
- Participate in giving inputs and updates for different reports such as Final Narrative Report, Quarterly Report, among others as well as on cross-cutting gender related issues in other projects in Syria.
- Represent NPA in formal events such as conferences and meetings conducted by stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain proper soft and hard copy archiving for all projects under his/her responsibility.
- Other duties assigned by the Programme Manager in relation to program issues.
Advertiser: Confidential غير معلن
Nothing to Mention.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.